Tuffelina

The official website of Noelle Richman, the baby formerly known as Tuffy

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Noe's Furry Sister Goes Swimming



The pool in Iowa City's City Park closes for the year on Labor Day. And each year, on the Tuesday and Wednesday after Labor Day, the city opens the pool up to the local canines for the annual "Iowa City Dog Paddle."

Literally hundreds of dogs swim, jump, dive and play in the water while owners wade in with them or try to coax their nervous pets down ramps into the water. (I still haven't seen a dog go off the high dive, but I haven't given up yet.) I often wonder whether these events are designed more for the dogs or for the people.

I didn't get to go this year, but Jen took Ooja while I prepped for my Tuesday night class and Dori stayed home watching Noe. As Jen observed, it's funny when a dog poops in the pool. All the owners standing knee- or chest-deep in the water clear out of the immediate area until some new people who weren't there to witness the event wade into the area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home